Board of Health, City of Knoxville
County of Knox
State of Tennessee
Certificate of Death
Full Name of Decased: Nancy Horton
Place of Death; Street: Morella Ave
If in Suburbs, State Locality: Oakwood
Name of Father: Wm Adkins
Birthplace o Father: Tenn
Maiden Name of Mother: Bettie J Disney
Birthplace of Mother: Tenn
Date of Death: Aug 9, 1907
Place of Burial or Removal: New Gray
|Death certificate for Nancy Horton (1907)|
- The death certificates confirmed that Martha and Nancy were sisters. Both reveal that their mother went by the nickname "Betsy" or "Bettie," which needs to be included in searches.
- Marriage records for Martha and Nancy were located, but they gave only the names of the bride and groom, and the marriage date. No other relationships were given.2,3
- Knox, Tennessee, death certificate no. 731 (1907), Nancy Horton; Tennessee State Library and Archives, Nashville.
- Anderson County, Tennessee, Marriage Records Horton-Adkins, 1876, page 52; digital images, Ancestry (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 2 Apr 2016).
- Anderson County, Tennessee, Marriage Records, Horton-Adkins, 1876, page 58; digital images, Ancestry (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 2 Apr 2016).